If you’re looking for a 100% natural and plant-based breakfast – in other words, vegan – this one is for you! It doesn’t contain any dairy products, refined sugar or processed ingredients. Don’t be mistaken, it’s filling and will keep you going all morning!
- Pineapple, 1/2 if it’s a small one, 1/3 if big
- Blueberries, a handful
- Strawberries, a couple
- Banana, 1
- Almonds, 5 or so
- Cashews, 5 or so
- Mix of seeds, a tablespoon (sunflower, pumpkin, chia, sesame, etc.)
- Honey (optional)
You must start with a tiny bit of prep’:
- slice the strawberries and the banana
- chop the pineapple (it doesn’t have to look pretty though)
- grind the almonds and cashews
Put the pineapple and half of the banana in the blender/mixer, and mix. You can add a little bit of water if necessary, but not too much so it doesn’t become all soupy. If your pineapple isn’t sweet enough to your taste, add a bit of honey.
Pour the mixture in a bowl. Add a raw of strawberries, another of blueberries, bananas, nuts, seeds, you get the idea. Yes, you could also chuck everything in there, but it looks so pretty when it’s well done.
The sky is the limit, you can be as creative and healthy as you want! Use any type of fruits, nuts and seeds you have; you can also add rolled oat if you want to make it even more filling.
Here are a few ideas for the smoothie:
- avocado, banana, and blueberries/ red berries
- mango, pineapple, coconut
- peach, apricot, banana
There are thousands of options! Have fun with it, mix the flavours and colours!