My dear friend Valerie came over for dinner; she’s also a clean foodie, and a excellent cook. I didn’t have much time to go grocery shopping, so I used what was in my fridge to make up something.
Outcome? Deliciously healthy!
- Sweet potatoes, 2
- Kidney beans, 300-400gr (you can use canned beans, I had beans soaking for a day so I used those)
- White onion, 1
- Avocado, 1 large
- Cherry tomatoes, 3-4
- Red pepper, 1/2
- Coriander, a bunch
- Red chili, 1
- Lime, 1
- Garlic, 1 glove
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
First thing first : cook the sweet potatoes. It takes about 40 to 50 minutes in the oven (200°C) – pierce them with a fork beforehand so they cook faster (How to cook sweet potatoes)
Then, make the guacamole. I used Jamie Oliver’s recipe because it’s easy and tasty (and I can’t invent a guacamole recipe really – I’ve just slightly changed his recipe)
- Chop the onion and the red chili
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado
- Start chopping everything together until fine and well combined
- Pick over most of the coriander leaves, roughly chop and add the tomatoes, then continue chopping it all together.
- Add the lime juice and one tablespoon of oil, then season to taste with sea salt, black pepper
While the sweet potatoes are still baking, prepare the kidney beans. Chop the onion, garlic and red pepper, fry them in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until soft. Then add the kidney beans and cook for a few minutes.
When the sweet potatoes are cooked through, take them out of the over, place them in a plate and cut in half. Add the beans and guacamole on top, and enjoy!
See? Easy peasy, and as clean as you can get!