This smoothie is inspired by Jason Vale, aka the Juice Master. I got his book Juice Master, Keep it Simple for Christmas, and it was the starting point of my juicing journey and it opened a whole new chapter for me.
Anyway, Jason Vale sometimes publishes video recipes, and I remembered this one this morning while in desperate need of an easy and quick recovery breakfast. I couldn’t quite remember the quantities, but it turned out pretty good! (It’s also very healthy, you can read more about the heath benefits of the avocado and the mint below the recipe.)
- Plant-based milk (almond, rice, quinoa, soy, etc.), 350 ml
- Avocado, 1/2 (if small), 1/4 (if big)
- Banana, 1 (you can use a frozen banana)
- Fresh mint, a handful
- Cacao powder, 1 teaspoon (not the Nestle sh***., please)
- Honey, 1 teaspoon
- Ice cubes, 2 or 3
Easy peasy – just blend everything together with some ice. And BIM! Enjoy, it’s a delight!
The health benefits of the avocado
The avocado is a superfood, it’s rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals. (Read more in details here). I’ve listed a few benefits of the avocado, it should definitely be part of everyone’s everyday diet.
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Reduces the risk of cancers, including breast cancer and prostate cancer
- Promote eye and skin health
- Helps with weight loss
- Protects the liver
- Helps with digestion
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Decrease signs of the ageing process
- Provides vital nutrients to athletes to maintain required energy levels
And for the record, yes it’s true that the avocado has a high fatty acid content but it contains extremely low levels of cholesterol and less calories than butter.
The health benefits of the mint
- Stimulates the digestive system
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Improve oral health
- Clears up congestion of throat, nose and lungs
- Natural stimulant, relieves from fatigue and depression
- Quick and effective remedy for nausea