A super healthy and easy alternative to fried chips; although taste-wise, sweet potatoes and potatoes have nothing in common.
- Sweet Potatoes, peeled (the quantity is up to you)
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano or thyme
Pre-heat the over at 200°C
Cut the sweet potatoes in wedges and put them in a mixing bowl. Add some olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and oregano. Stir together so the sweet potatoes are equally seasoned and oiled.
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on an over tray or a baking sheet. Bake potatoes at 200° for about 30 minutes – basically, they should be soft and lightly brown. Turn the wedges after the first 15 minutes.
Eat immediately, don’t wait up!
Health benefits of the sweet potatoes
- High in vitamin B6, which helps reduce the risk of heart diseases;
- Good source of vitamin C;
- Good source of vitamin D, which helps build healthy bones;
- Good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral;
- Source of iron, which boosts the immune system;
- Source of potassium;
- Help ward off cancer and protect against the effects of ageing;
- Promote skin health.