This homemade dish soap recipe comes from Bea Johnson’s book: Zero Waste Home. It’s easy, cheap, fun to make, and most importantly it works well; and I find it quite satisfying to use my own product!
I had to buy a few commodities, but they aren’t expensive at all. You can find them in any Health, Beauty & Accessories shop or online.
- Water, 1.5 l
- Baking soda, 2 teaspoons
- Marseille soap flakes, 30 gr
- Soft soap / green soap, 70 gr
- Soda crystals, 2 tablespoons
- Essential oil, 20 drops (Citrus, Tea Tree, Lavender, etc.)
- An empty dish soap bottle or a soap dispenser.
- Bring the soft soap, Marseille soap flakes and water to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add, in order: soda crystals, baking soda and essential oil drops. Stir well and let it cool down before you pour it into a bottle and use it.