I was in charge of making dessert at a dinner party with a bunch a paleo crossfitters. Obviously it had to be gluten and refined-products free. So I decided to make my own – Interweb inspired – version of the chocolate brownie. I totally nailed it, and it has become my signature dessert. It’s super easy and super healthy, and most importantly it makes you happy!
- Dark Chocolate (70% cacao minimum), 150 gr
- Almond Flour or very finely chopped almonds, 100gr
- 3 eggs
- Raw honey, 2 tablespoons
- Coconut Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Dates, 10 if they’re small, 8 if they’re chunkier
- A handful of dried cranberries or raisins
- A pinch of salt
- Pecans, a handful (optional, but I like the crunch)
- Pre-heat the oven, 200°C
- Heat the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain-marie
- In a blender, pour the chocolate and coconut oil along with the other ingredients (if you decide to go for the pecans, add them once the rest is well mixed). You should get a semi-liquid mixture
- Pour in a mould (preferably a squared one) and bake for 15 minutes (don’t over cook it; been there, done that!)
Let the brownie cool down before you cut it. Enjoy every bite of it!